Integrate Dropbox Business with Okta
- Add the Dropbox Business appAn abbreviation of application. Essentially, it is a web-based site used to perform any number of specific tasks, and requires authentication from end users by signing in. to Okta if it has not been added previously:
- On the Okta AdminAn abbreviation of administrator. This is the individual(s) who have access to the Okta Administrator Dashboard. They control the provisioning and deprovisioning of end users, the assigning of apps, the resetting of passwords, and the overall end user experience. Only administrators have the Administration button on the upper right side of the My Applications page. Console, click Applications.
- Click Add Application.
- In the Search for an application field, enter Dropbox.
- Select Add for Dropbox Business.
- Complete the fields on the General Settings page and click Next.
- In the Sign On Methods section of the Sign-On Options pane, select a sign on option. If you select SAMLAn acronym for Security Assertion Markup Language, SAML is an XML-based standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP). The SAML standard addresses issues unique to the single sign-on (SSO) solution, and defines three roles: the end user, the IdP, and the SP. Here's how SAML works through Okta: SP-initiated flow: the end user requests (principally through a browser) a service from the SP. The SP requests and obtains an identity assertion from the IdP (in this case, Okta). On the basis of this assertion, the SP can decide whether or not to authorize or authenticate the service for the end user. IdP-initiated flow: with Okta as the IdP, an end user goes to the Okta browser and clicks on an app, sending a SAMLResponse to the configured SP. A session is established with the SP, and the end user is authenticated. 2.0, click View Setup Instructions and follow the instructions.
- Optional. In the Advanced Sign-on Settings area, select the Silent ProvisioningProvisioning is the enterprise-wide configuration, deployment, and management of multiple types of IT system resources. Specifically, provisioning provides users access to equipment, software, or services. This involves creating, maintaining and deactivating required business process automation objects and attributes in systems, directories, and applications. check box to enable silent provisioning.
- Click Done.
- If you added the Dropbox Business app previously, on the Okta Admin Console click Applications and select Dropbox Business in the list of applications.
- Click the Provisioning tab, click Configure API Integration, and select the Enable API Integration check box.
- Click Authenticate with Dropbox Business.
- Enter your email and password and click Sign in.
- Click Save.
Optional. Change the Okta to Dropbox Business provisioning settings:
- Click the Provisioning tab and select To App in the SETTINGS list.
- Click Edit.
- Select the check box for Create Users, Update User Attributes, or Deactivate Users to enable the functionality.
If you select the Enable check box for Deactivate Users, additional deactivation options are available. The Dropbox user deactivation type list lets you select whether you want to suspend or remove users when they are deactivated in Okta. Okta recommends selecting Suspend.
Select the Wipe data from linked devices check box to remove files from a user's Dropbox Business linked device when they are deactivated.
When you select Remove in the Dropbox user deactivation type list, the File management upon user deletion list appears. Select Manage file transfer directly in Dropbox Business if you do not want Okta to perform any action on user's files and want to manage files directly in Dropbox Business. Select Transfer files to destination team member account to manage file transfer in Okta and complete the Dropbox email address of destination team member account and Dropbox email address of admin notification account fields.
- Click Save.
- Optional. Change the Dropbox Business to Okta provisioning settings:
- Click the Provisioning tab and select To Okta in the SETTINGS list.
- Click Edit in the General, User Creation & Matching, or Import Safeguard areas to edit the settings.
- Click Save.
- Optional. Assign users to the Dropbox Business app. See Assign and unassign apps to users.