Integrate DocuSign with Okta
- Locate and record the DocuSign API account ID:
- Sign in to your DocuSign instance with administrator permissions.
- Select Settings on the top ribbon. If Settings is unavailable, click menu and select eSignature.
- In the left menu below Integrations, click Apps and Keys.
- Copy the value in the API Account ID field.
- If you've already added the DocuSign app to Okta, go to step 3. If you haven't added it, add it now:
- In the Admin Console, go to Applications > Applications.
- Click Add Application.
- In the Search field, enter DocuSign, and select DocuSign.
- Select Add.
- Complete the fields on the General Settings page and click Next.
- In the Sign On Methods section of the Sign-On Options pane, select a sign on option. If you select SAML 1.1 or SAML 2.0, click View Setup Instructions and follow the instructions.
- Click Done.
- In the Admin Console, click Applications and select DocuSign in the list of applications.
- Click the Provisioning tab, click Configure API Integration, and select the Enable API Integration check box.
- In the API Account ID field, enter the API account ID you copied in step 1.
Error messages displayed when authenticating with DocuSign are often caused by an incorrect API Account ID. Make sure the API Account ID and DocuSign administrator credentials match.
- Generate the authentication token:
- Click Authenticate with DocuSign.
- Click Accept if a prompt appears.
- If required, enter your email address and click CONTINUE.
- If required, enter your password and click LOG IN.
- Optional. Clear the Import Groups check box if you don't want to import groups.
Optional. Change the Okta to DocuSign provisioning settings:
- Click the Provisioning tab and select To App in the SETTINGS list.
- Click Edit.
- Select the check box for Create Users, Update User Attributes, or Deactivate Users to enable the functionality.
- Click Save.
- Optional. Change the DocuSign to Okta provisioning settings:
- Click the Provisioning tab and select To Okta in the SETTINGS list.
- Click Edit in the General, User Creation & Matching, or Import Safeguard areas to edit the settings.
- Click Save.
- Optional. Assign users to the DocuSign app. See Assign applications to users.
When you assign the DocuSign app to users, you can indicate if they can send envelopes and identify their permissions.
- Optional. Add custom app attributes. See Add custom attributes to apps, directories, and identity providers.