Create and configure a duplicate app instance
Okta provisioning can be enabled on an SSO-enabled app without breaking the SSO functionality. However, if you would rather not make any changes to your SSO-enabled app, you can create another instance of the app with Okta provisioning enabled. The SSO-enabled app and the provisioning-enabled app are "linked" through the use of common user folders. This allows provisioning to the SSO-enabled app.
- In the Admin Console, go to Applications > Applications.
- Click Add Application.
- Enter the name of the application in the Search for an application field and click Add next to the application you want to add. The application should have Okta verification, SAML authentication, and allow provisioning.
- In the Application label field, enter a name for the duplicate app.
- Complete the remaining fields and click Next.
- Complete the SIGN ON METHODS, ADVANCED SIGN-ON SETTINGS, and CREDENTIALS DETAILS sections and click Done.
Make sure the option you select in the Application username format list is the same format used in the application you are duplicating.
- Click Done.
- Complete the application provisioning settings. See Configure application provisioning.