This is an Early Access feature. To enable it, please contact Okta Support.
Settings > Customization > Custom Error Pages
You can customize the text and the look and feel of error pages using an embedded HTML editor provided on the Custom Error Pages tab of the Customization page. When used together with custom URL domain (required) and custom Okta-hosted sign-in page, this feature offers a fully customized error page. Screenshot
- Easily preview your custom error page before publishing.
- Your custom error page can display only when end usersIn Okta literature, we generally refer to "end users" as the people who have their own Okta home page (My Applications), using chiclets to authenticate into all of their apps. End users do not have any administrative control. When we refer to "users" we are generally referring to the individual(s) who have administrative control. access Okta through your custom URL domainA domain is an attribute of an Okta organization. Okta uses a fully-qualified domain name, meaning it always includes the top-level domain (.com, .eu, etc.), but does not include the protocol (https).. Otherwise, only the default Okta error page can display.
- You can replace, but not edit, the provided macros when editing code in the embedded editor. For details, see the Important note below.
- The custom error page feature is supported in mobile browsers but not supported for use with Okta Mobile.
- Go to Settings > Customization.
- Click the Custom Error Pages tab.
- Customize the error page using the embedded editor. Screenshot
- (Highly recommended) Click Preview to preview your changes before you publish.
- When you are finished, click Save and Publish.
For additional information about how to use and manipulate the provided code, see the articles listed in Related Topics
The Early Access version of this feature does not identify specific errors in your custom code.