About Workflows capabilities
Okta Workflows offers a number of powerful features towards efficient and automated account management.
With Okta Workflows, you can:
- Provision and deprovision app accounts. When an employee joins your company, Okta Workflows can automatically create their identity in your apps, as well as set entitlements, assign folder shares, and send a message to their manager. When an employee leaves your company, Okta Workflows can freeze the account, transfer their digital assets to a manager, and then deactivate the user account three days later. See Use case: Provision and deprovision.
- Sequence actions with logic and timing. Okta Workflows can create deactivated accounts in all apps one week before a new employee's start date, and then activate them on their first day. When an employee leaves your company, Okta Workflows can deactivate a user and thus remove their access to all apps except payroll, and then delete the user account after one year. See Use case: Change time- and context-based identity entitlement.
- Resolve identity creation conflicts. Okta Workflows can host logic that detects username conflicts and generates unique usernames. See Use case: Resolve identity conflicts.
- Send notifications for lifecycle events. For a lifecycle event such as an app assignment or user suspension, Okta Workflows notifies your IT team by email or Slack. See Use case: Send notifications for lifecycle activity.
- Log and share lifecycle events. Okta Workflows can query Okta APIs and syslog events, run logic, and compile data into a CSV file. Then, Okta Workflows can email that file to your teams. See Use case: Report lifecycle activity.
Access this feature
The Okta Workflows application can be assigned to Super Admins only.
As a Super Admin, in the Admin Console, go to Workflow > Workflows console.