Add an Inline Hook
After creating your external service, you need to connect the external service with Okta and enable it for a particular process flow by adding an Inline Hook.
- In the Admin Console, go to Workflow >Inline Hooks.
- Click Add Inline Hook, and then select the type of Inline Hook:
- Registration: customizes the handling of user registration requests in Self-Service Registration
- SAML: customizes SAML assertions returned by Okta
- Token: customizes tokens returned by Okta API Access Management
- Password Import: verifies a user-supplied password to support migration of users to Okta
- User Import: customizes handling of new users who are imported into Okta from an application.
- Define the following attributes:
- Name: a descriptive name for the Inline Hook
- URL: the external service's endpoint URL, to which the Inline Hook sends the request
- Authentication field: the name of the authorization header
- Authentication secret: the value string that corresponds to the field name
- Custom header fields: optional field name / value pairs to send with the request
- Click Save. The inline hook is now Active.
- Associate the endpoint with an Okta process flow. How to do this varies by Inline Hook type.