Preview an Inline Hook
Preview a new Inline Hook before you enable it to see how it will interact with your custom code. You can configure the Inline Hook request and then troubleshoot how your code responds.
Note: Currently, SAML and Registration Inline Hooks are available for preview. Additional hook types will be available in the future.
- In the Admin Console, go to Workflow > Inline Hooks.
- Locate the Inline Hook that you want to preview, and then click its Actions menu. Note: By default, active Inline Hooks are listed first, but you can sort the table by type or name.
- Select Preview.
- Complete these tasks on the Preview tab:
- In the Configure section, select a user from the user profile drop-down menu.
- In the Preview example Inline Hook request section, click Generate Request. Verify that the example JSON payload of the request is populated with the user profile objects you configured.
- Optionally, prior to testing the preview data, if you want additional customization, click Edit to edit the JSON payload of the request.
- In the View Service Response section, click View Response.
Note: Generated hook preview data can contain placeholder values and may differ from the preview request.