Configure the Okta Browser Plugin
Use the gear icon in the Okta Browser Plugin to define how your browser interacts with the plugin.
You can configure the plugin to prevent your browser from saving passwords, to get password recommendations when signing up for services, or to initialize prompts to save your apps on the Okta End-User Dashboard.
Recommend strong passwords for apps
If your admin enabled this feature and you select it, the plugin will recommend secure passwords when you register for new apps or reset app passwords.
Save apps to your Okta dashboard
If you select this setting, the Okta Browser Plugin will prompt you to save an app to your Okta dashboard when you:
- manually sign in to an app that is not already on your dashboard
- register for an app that is not already on your dashboard
You can prevent browsers from saving your sign-in credentials for Okta as well as for third-party apps accessed through the Okta End-User Dashboard. Preventing web browsers from saving this information increases the security of your accounts.
Note: For web extensions, the Okta Browser Plugin can't disable browser prompts for saving passwords if this permission is already managed by your organization's browser policy or another extension.
- Click the Okta Browser Plugin icon in the top right section of your browser to open the menu.
- From this menu, click the gear icon to open the Okta Browser Plugin Settings.
- Scroll down to the Disable Browser Password Prompts option and click the blue Disable Browser Password Prompts link.
Note: Steps 3 through 6 don't apply to Safari and IE users. If you use Safari or IE, scroll down to the Disable Browser Password Prompts option and use the toggle to enable the feature.
- When a new tab opens, click Allow to confirm that you want to disable password prompts. A browser prompt indicates that the Okta Browser Plugin is requesting additional permissions.
- Click Allow again. You are notified that the Okta Browser Plugin is now controlling your privacy-related settings.
- Click Close tab.
After you close the tab, go back to the Okta Browser Plugin Settings page to confirm that you successfully disabled your browser's password prompts.