Manage account settings
Use your apps dashboard to perform tasks related your account. For example, edit your information, view notifications from your admin, reset password, and customize your display language.
Before you begin
- If you don't know your username, contact your company's help desk who set up your organization's Okta accounts.
- If you forgot your password, use the Forgot Password link at the bottom of the sign-in page to generate a new one. If the link isn't available, contact your IT department.
- Edit your info
- View Okta notifications
- Reset your Okta password
- Reset your Okta password without signing in
- Select your display language
Use your apps dashboard to edit the following personal information without having to contact an admin:
- First name
- Last name
- Primary email
- Secondary email
- Secure image
- Display language
- Forgotten Password Question
You can also add extra verification factors if it’s required by your org.
On your apps dashboard, you receive notifications from your administrators. Previous messages are also available from the Notifications menu.
You receive notifications when new apps are assigned to you. These are one-time messages that are sent automatically. When you close the Notification box, the new app assignment message is removed. You can find newly assigned apps at the top of the app catalog of your dashboard.
You also receive notifications sent by your administrator. The administrator creates and manages these notifications.
When there’s a new message, the Notifications list automatically displays when you access your Home page. You can reopen the list at any time to review previous messages.
To view previous notifications, click the Notifications tab with the bell icon in the left sidebar of the Okta End-User Dashboard.
Use your apps dashboard to change your password without having to contact an administrator.
- Sign in to Okta on your computer. In the browser, type your Okta sign-in URL(for example, https://company.okta.com, where company is the name of your company or organization).
- Enter your username and password and follow the authentication prompts.
- From the Okta home page, click your name to open the dropdown menu.
- Click Settings. The Account page opens.
- Change your password using one of the following methods.
- In the Change Password section, enter your current and new passwords. Confirm the new password. Click Change Password to confirm the change.
- In the Change Password section, click the link to change the password. You’re redirected to a third-party page where you can reset your password.
- In the Security Methods section, click Reset next to Password. You’re redirected to a third-party page where you can reset your password.
If you forgot your password, you may reset it as follows:
In your browser on your computer type your Okta sign-in URL, such as https://org-name.okta.com, where org-name is the name of your company or organization.
Click the Need help signing in? option at the bottom of the sign-in panel, and then select Forgot Password.
Enter your work email address and click Reset via Email. You'll receive an email with instructions and a link to reset your password.
Note: If you’re part of an OIE org, you may have the option to use a different MFA factor to reset your password, depending on your org's settings.
If available, select the Sign me out of all other devices checkbox if you want to end all sign-ins on all devices and browsers.
IMPORTANT: Sign out of all devices if you think your account is compromised.
Customize your Okta experience by selecting your language from a list of supported languages. After you sign in to Okta, you see your apps dashboard in the language you chose. All emails generated by Okta will also be in your selected language.
- Sign in to Okta.
- From your apps dashboard, click your username, and go to .
- Click Edit.
- Select a language from the drop-down list.
- Click Save.