Automatically update Okta LDAP agents
This is an Early Access feature. To learn how to enable it, see Manage Early Access and Beta features.
Agent auto-update functionality keeps your Okta agents up to date and helps ensure your org has the latest Okta features. You can auto-update single or multiple agents on demand, or you can schedule the updates to occur outside of business hours to reduce downtime and disruption to your users.
With agent auto-updates, you don't need to uninstall and then reinstall agents whenever a new agent is released. Instead, you select the agents you want to update and the installer removes and then installs the latest version of the agents.
To use agent auto-update functionality, you must download and install LDAP version 5.16.0 or later. See Download the latest agent version.
Upon agent installation of agent version 5.16.0 and above on Linux platforms, we now grant the OktaLDAPService user sudo permission to automatically install the newest agent version when using the auto-update feature.
- Agent auto-update known limitations
- View LDAP agent status information
- Auto-update a single agent on demand
- Auto-update multiple agents on demand
- Retry an on-demand agent auto-update
- Cancel an on-demand agent auto-update
- Schedule agent auto-updates
- Turn an agent auto-update schedule on or off
- Delete an agent auto-update schedule
- Define the behavior for failed agent auto-updates
- Unsubscribe from agent auto-update email notifications
- Download the latest agent version