Add apps to an authentication policy
Apps that share a policy have the same access and factor requirements. New apps start with the default authentication policy, which allows access with any two factors.
The only policies that you can’t share are for specific apps, like Okta Admin Console, RADIUS, and O365.
- In the Admin Console, go to Security > Authentication Policies.
- Select the policy that you want to share. Or, in its Applies to column, click View.
- Select the Applications tab and then click Add app.
- Click Add for each app you want to add to this policy.
- Click Close.
Add an app to a policy on the Applications page
You can switch an app's policy on the Applications page, but you can't see the other apps that share it.
- In the Admin Console, go to Applications > Applications.
- Search for and select the app name.
- On the app's Sign On tab, scroll to User authentication, and then click Edit.
- In the dropdown menu, select the policy you want to use, and then click Save.