Integrate Microsoft Teams with Access Requests
This process requires a user account that has admin permissions for both Access Requests and Teams Administrator permissions for a Microsoft organization.
Before you begin
Start this task
To integrate Microsoft Teams with Access Requests, you must add the Okta bot to your Microsoft Teams organization and then connect Access Requests to a Microsoft account.
Add the Okta bot to your Microsoft Teams organization
- Sign in to admin.teams.microsoft.com with an account that has Teams Administrator permissions.
- On the side menu, click Teams Apps > Manage Apps.
- Locate the Okta app.
- Select the app and click Add to team.
Connect Access Requests to a Microsoft account
- Sign in to the Access Requests Console with an account that has admin permissions.
- Go to Settings > Integrations.
- Under Microsoft Teams, click Connect.
- In the Connect to Microsoft Teams modal, click Enable Microsoft Teams.
- Sign in to your Microsoft organization through the modal.
Access Requests connects the Okta app to the Microsoft organization.
Requesters can tag @okta in a chat that has the Okta bot to submit requests. Alternatively, your users can locate the Okta app in their Microsoft Teams Apps section and submit a request there. See Submit requests from Microsoft Teams .
After users interact with the Okta bot or the Okta app once, they automatically receive a notification when action is assigned to them or they’re mentioned on a request.
If you need to perform troubleshooting, contact Okta Support.