Tutorial: Make API requests, part 1
Part 1 of this tutorial demonstrates how to call a sample API endpoint in an unauthenticated form using the Workflows HTTP Raw Request card. Amazon hosts a free, publicly available REST API sample endpoint called Amazon PetStore API. It can be invoked from a browser or a REST client like POSTMAN. The response is a JSON payload with data of a page of available pets in the PetStore.
This flow will set “Content-Type” and “Accept” HTTP headers and will pass in two query parameters. The output will match the payload in the browser or POSTMAN.
Steps in this tutorial
- Step 0: Before you begin (with video)
- Step 1: Create a connection setting
- Step 2: Create a raw request
- Step 3: Populate values dynamically into a Raw Request card
- Step 4: Test the flow
- Step 5: Create the output
- Step 6: Create the connection setting and reauthorize connection (video)
Watch the video