Add an Inline Hook
After creating your external service, you need to connect the external service with Okta and enable it for a particular process flow by adding an Inline Hook.
- In the Admin Console, go to Workflow > Inline Hooks.
- Click Add Inline Hook, and then select the type of Inline Hook:
- Registration: customizes the handling of user registration requests in Self-Service Registration.
- SAML: customizes SAML assertions returned by Okta.
- Token: customizes tokens returned by Okta API Access Management.
- Password Import: verifies a user-supplied password to support migration of users to Okta.
- User Import: customizes handling of new users who are imported into Okta from an application.
- Telephony: use a telephony service provider to send SMS text messages or voice calls. See Customize your telephony service provider.
- Define the following attributes:
- Name: a descriptive name for the Inline Hook.
- URL: the external service's endpoint URL, to which the Inline Hook sends the request.
- Authentication field: optional name of the authorization header. For Telephone Inline Hooks this field is mandatory. Use x-telephony-key.
- Authentication secret: optional value string that corresponds to the field name. For Telephone Inline Hooks this field is mandatory. Use x-telephony-key.
- Custom header fields: optional field name / value pairs to send with the request.
- Click Save. The Inline Hook is now Active.
- Associate the endpoint with an Okta process flow. How to do this varies by Inline Hook type.