About Access Gateway applications
Access Gateway applications are the building blocks of application security and define how Access Gateway provides access to underlying protected resources. Access Gateway has a large catalog of on-premises application and uses application specific integration wizards to define application instances. Some application types, for example Kerberos based applications, may require custom settings before they can be integrated with Access Gateway. The application integration is application type specific and may differ by application type.
Applications are composed of the following:
- Essential Settings- The essential or core requirements of all applications. Application essentials typically include an application, public URL, Protected Web resource and often application type specific fields.
- Advanced Settings - Additional settings optional targeting specific features such as session time out, duration, content re-writing, certificate use and others.
- Policies - An optional application element which defines mechanisms to control access to application features using attributes.
For example, a 'group' attribute might be used to define policy to only allow members of a given group access to a certain page. For example members of the finance group might be able to access pages non-members cannot such a payroll.
- Behaviors - An optional application element used to control application behavior based on conditions such as HTTP return codes or errors.
For example, an application might redirect to a specific page on logout, another on general errors, or other pages based on HTTP status codes.
- Attributes - Attribute map Okra tenant information to one or more elements of an application.
For example Okta tenant attributes can be mapped to Access Gateway header application attributes, cookie attribute or similar elements .