Configure SSH and ProxyCommand with Cygwin
Before beginning, be sure to have completed these steps:
- Download the appropriate installer from Cygwin to download and install packages.
- Verify that the Advanced Server Access ClientEssentially, a client is anything that talks to the Okta service. Within the traditional client-server model, Okta is the server. The client might be an agent, an Okta mobile app, or a browser plugin. is installed on your workstation.
Setup SSH with Cygwin
Install Cygwin and OpenSSH
- From the command line, run the installer for Cygwin
- Click "next" at all prompts until your reach the "Select Packages" menu
- Set the view tab to "Full." Then, type "openssh" in the search box
- In the list that populates, locate the row for the openssh package and the option to "Skip" in the new column for the most recent package version
- Click "next" until the binary installation is completed. After, click "finish"
Complete the following steps to test and finalize SSH:
- Open the Cygwin terminal.
which sshto verify that SSH is installed on your device.
- If you do not have a .ssh directory, run the command
mkdir .sshin the Cygwin terminal to create a directory for SSH configurations
- Type cat > .ssh/config and press Enter
- Copy and paste the following lines in the blank new line:
- After pasting, press Enter
- Press Ctrl + C to exit the terminal.
Note: The following lines use
/AdminAn abbreviation of administrator. This is the individual(s) who have access to the Okta Administrator Dashboard. They control the provisioning and deprovisioning of end users, the assigning of apps, the resetting of passwords, and the overall end user experience. Only administrators have the Administration button on the upper right side of the My Applications page./ as an example folder path. Modify this path as needed for your system before copying and pasting to the Cygwin terminal.
# To use ScaleFT proxycommand, add this configuration block to your $HOME/.ssh/config
Match exec "/cygdrive/c/Users/Admin/AppData/Local/Apps/ScaleFT/bin/sft.exe resolve -q %h"
ProxyCommand "/cygdrive/c/Users/Admin/AppData/Local/Apps/ScaleFT/bin/sft.exe" proxycommand %h