Setup Client Tools to use with Advanced Server Access
Learn how to set up Cygwin for Advanced Server Access here.
Download and Install WinSCP
- Download the installer from the official website
- Run the file after it's downloaded, and accept the License Agreement
- Click Next to select the default installation
- Click Install to begin the installation
- Click Finish
Download and Install PuTTY
- Download the appropriate installer from the offical site.
- Run the installer and click Next when prompted
- Click Install
- If prompted again, click Run to allow the program to install PuTTY on the computer
- Click Finish to complete the installation
Using WinSCP or PuTTY to SSH or RDP
To access your internal servers with either WinSCP or PuTTY, use the following commands in Powershell to begin the authentication process.
<servername> is used as an example target server. Modify the name as needed to connect to your internal servers.
- If you're using WinSCP, type
sft beta winscp <servername>and press Enter
- If you're using PuTTY, type
sft beta putty <servername>and press Enter