Set up client tools to use with Advanced Server Access
There are many ways to access your servers using a variety of client tools that can support SSH or RDP. Programs such as WinSCP and PuTTY can integrate with Advanced Server Access through their SSH backend layer, while Cygwin allows the user to download and install the packages for tools that use SSH through its setup.
Set up Cygwin
Download and Install WinSCP
- Download the installer from the official website
- Run the file after it's downloaded, and accept the License Agreement
- Click Next to select the default installation
- Click Install to begin the installation
- Click Finish
Download and Install PuTTY
- Download the appropriate installer from the official site.
- Run the installer and click Next when prompted
- Click Install
- If prompted again, click Run to allow the program to install PuTTY on the computer
- Click Finish to complete the installation
Using WinSCP or PuTTY to SSH or RDP
To access your internal servers with either WinSCP or PuTTY, use the following commands in Powershell to begin the authentication process.
<servername> is used as an example target server. Modify the name as needed to connect to your internal servers.
- If you're using WinSCP, type
sft winscp <servername>and press Enter
- If you're using PuTTY, type
sft putty <servername>and press Enter