Configure SSH to use ProxyCommand in MobaXterm
Windows users can install MobaXterm, which provides a terminal for Windows that supports X11, tabbed SSH clients, and network tools. You can use ProxyCommand to have MobaXterm work with Advanced Server Access.
Before you begin
- Download and install MobaXterm.
- Verify that the Advanced Server Access Client is installed on your workstation. See Install the Advanced Server Access client.
To set up and configure SSH:
- Start a local terminal in MobaXterm. By default, this opens to your home directory (/home/mobaxterm).
- Output a list of the files and directories in your home directory by running the command ls -la. If the .ssh directory doesn't exist, create it by entering the command
- Create a new or edit an existing SSH configuration file by entering cat <<ADDTEXT >> .ssh/config and pressing Enter.
Note: ADDTEXT is a delimiter that's used to determine when to stop accepting input for the configuration file.
- Paste the following lines into the terminal:
- Press Enter to complete the configuration.
# To use ScaleFT proxycommand, add this configuration block to your $HOME/.ssh/config
Match exec "/drives/c/Users/Admin/AppData/Local/Apps/ScaleFT/bin/sft.exe resolve -q %h"
ProxyCommand "/drives/c/Users/Admin/AppData/Local/Apps/ScaleFT/bin/sft.exe" proxycommand %h
ADDTEXTNote: The preceding lines use
/drives/c/Users/Admin/AppData/Local/Apps/ScaleFT/as an example folder path. Modify this path in your config file to match the location of the Advanced Server Access client on your system.