Integrate BambooHR with Okta
- If you've already added the BambooHR app to Okta, go to step 2. If you haven't added it, add it now:
- In the Admin Console, go to Applications > Applications.
- Click Add Application.
- In the Search field, enter BambooHR, and select BambooHR.
- Click Add.
- Complete the fields on the General Settings page and click Next.
- In the Sign On Methods section of the Sign-On Options pane, select a sign on option. If you select SAML 2.0, click View Setup Instructions and follow the instructions.
- Click Done.
In the Admin Console, click Applications and select BambooHR in the list of applications.
Click the Provisioning tab, click Configure API Integration, and select the Enable API Integration check box.
Click Authenticate with BambooHR and click Save when the successful verification message appears.
Optional. Change the Okta to BambooHR provisioning settings:
- Click the Provisioning tab and select To App in the SETTINGS list.
- Click Edit.
- Select the Update User Attributes check box to enable the functionality.
- Click Save.
- Optional. Change the BambooHR to Okta provisioning settings:
- Click the Provisioning tab and select To Okta in the SETTINGS list.
- Click Edit in the General, User Creation & Matching, Profile & Lifecycle Sourcing, or Import Safeguard areas to edit the settings.
When you select Allow BambooHR to source Okta users in the Profile & Lifecycle Sourcingarea, BambooHR is the source for user profile data.
- Click Save.
- Optional. Edit the integration settings:
- Click the Provisioning tab and select Integrations in the SETTINGS list.
- Click Edit in the Integration area.
In the Pre-Start Interval field, enter the interval in days that users with a hire date ahead of or within the interval are considered active and imported into Okta. For example, if you enter 7, users with a hire date later than one week ahead of the current date are not imported.
Select the Timezone aware pre-hires check box to use a user's timezone or location for lifecycle management. If the checkbox is not selected, Universal Time Coordinated (UTC) is used for lifecycle management.
In the Preferred timezone list, select the timezone used in your BambooHR instance. This list is available only when the Timezone aware pre-hires check box is selected.
- Optional. Assign users to the BambooHR app. See Assign applications to users.
- Optional. Add custom app attributes. See Add custom attributes to apps, directories, and identity providers.