|Production||2019.01.0||2019.01.1 Production release is scheduled to begin deployment on January 22|
2019.01.1 Preview release is scheduled to begin deployment on January 16
How do I find the current version and type of my org?
Check at the bottom of your Okta AdminAn abbreviation of administrator. This is the individual(s) who have access to the Okta Administrator Dashboard. They control the provisioning and deprovisioning of end users, the assigning of apps, the resetting of passwords, and the overall end user experience. Only administrators have the Administration button on the upper right side of the My Applications page. Console to find:
- The release version that your orgThe Okta container that represents a real-world organization. is running
- The type of your org: Preview or Production
- The cell your org is in
What is the difference between a Monthly Release and a Weekly Update?
A Monthly Release is deployed once a month. It provides:
- Generally AvailableGenerally Available features are available to all orgs automatically according to each customer's SKU. You don’t need to enable them in the console or contact Okta Support. and Early AccessEarly Access (EA) features are opt-in features that you can try out in your org by asking Okta Support to enable them. Additionally, the Features page in the Okta Admin Console (Settings > Features) allows Super Admins to enable and disable some EA features themselves. features
- Feature enhancements
- New appAn abbreviation of application. Essentially, it is a web-based site used to perform any number of specific tasks, and requires authentication from end users by signing in. integrations
Weekly Updates are deployed between Monthly Releases. Weekly Updates provide only low-impact general fixes and app integrations.
Monthly Releases and Weekly Updates are designated by the year and month in which they are deployed, followed by a digit that denotes the specific update after the Monthly Release.
- 2018.12.0 is a Monthly Release for December 2018.
- 2018.12.1 is the first Weekly Update after the December 2018 Monthly Release.
What does the Current Release Status table at the top of the page mean?
The table indicates the currently-deployed Preview and Production releases and the upcoming release.
What is the difference between a Preview and a Production release?
- A Preview release is deployed on Preview orgs.
- A Production release is deployed on Production orgs.
Most features and enhancements introduced in a preview release are usually made available in the Production build of the next Monthly Release.
What is the difference between an Early Access and a Generally Available feature?
Early Access (EA) features are “opt-in” features that you can try out in your org by asking Okta Support to enable them. Additionally, the Features page in the Okta Admin Console (Settings > Features) allows Super Admins to enable and disable some EA features themselves.
Generally Available features are available to all orgs automatically according to each customer's SKU. You don’t need to enable them in the console or contact Okta Support.
How do I find a particular release?
In the left menu:
- Production release notes include Monthly Releases and Weekly Updates for the last three months. For release notes older than three months, go to the Archive tab on the page.
- Preview release notes include the Monthly Release and Weekly Updates for the current month. Additional features from previous months that are staying in Preview can be found on the second tab on the page.
- Early Access includes “opt-in” features that you can try out in your org.
- Mobile Releases include Okta Mobile and Okta Verify release notes.
- API Change Log redirects you to the API Product Change Log on the Okta Developer website.