The Account page allows you to configure the following settings.
Provide the contact information that Okta can use to communicate with your organization.
Used by Okta for billing purposes.
- Technical contact — Designate a technical contact to receive an email when usersIn Okta literature, we generally refer to "users" as the people who serve as Okta administrators. When we refer to "end users" we are generally referring to the people who the administrators serve. That is, those who use Okta chiclets to access their apps, but have no administrative control. send a help request. The email address you enter appears in all new user registration emails. It also appears in the footer of their Home page if the Help link option is not used.
- Support phone — (Optional) You can enter a support phone number that will display on Okta help pages. If you enter a phone number, the link Can't access email appears after users click Forgot password or Unlock password. Clicking Can't access email displays a message containing the support phone number.
- Help link (optional) — You can enter a URL to create a link to your help site. The link appears in the footer of your end-users' Home page. If you use this option, the Help link replaces the email address entered in the Technical contact option.
This option is disabled by default. Enable it if you want to grant Okta Support adminstrator-access to your account for troubleshooting purposes.
- Click Edit,
- Set the option Okta Support access to Enabled.
- Click Save.
To grant Support access for 24 hours (or more)
- First, perform the procedure to grant Support access for 8 hours (including clicking Save).
- Click Edit.
- Under Access expires, click the link Extend Okta Support's access by 1 day.
- Click Save. Support's access will be extended to 24 hours from the current time.
- To increase the access period by another 24 hours, repeat steps 2 through 4.
You can select the System Notifications and Okta Communications that you want to receive. These email notification settings are specific to your adminAn abbreviation of administrator. This is the individual(s) who have access to the Okta Administrator Dashboard. They control the provisioning and deprovisioning of end users, the assigning of apps, the resetting of passwords, and the overall end user experience. Only administrators have the Administration button on the upper right side of the My Applications page. account and do not impact other admins.
- Global Notifications — This section is operable by Super Admins and OrgThe Okta container that represents a real-world organization. Admins. Options here apply to notifications sent to all admins. The first option available in this section allows you to send all admin emails as BCC so that recipient's email addresses are hidden.
- Individual Notifications — You can select which System Notifications and Okta Communications you want to receive. Options in this section apply only to your admin account.
Note: Super admins can configure default email notifications for each admin type. For details, see The Super admin role .
This table depicts eligible admins for each email notification.
|Email Notification||Super Admin||Org Admin||Read-only Admin||Mobile Admin||Group Admin||AppAn abbreviation of application. Essentially, it is a web-based site used to perform any number of specific tasks, and requires authentication from end users by signing in. Admin||Help Desk Admin||API Access Management Admin|
|App user import status||Y^||Y^||Y^||Y^||Y^||Y^||N||N|
|On-Premises Provisioning, Okta On-Prem MFA Agents, and Okta RADIUS Server Agents disconnects and reconnects||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||N|
|IWA agents disconnects and reconnects||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||N|
|AD agents disconnects and reconnects||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||N|
|LDAP agents disconnects and reconnects||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||N|
|Ratelimit warning and violation||Y||N||N||N||N||N||N||N|
|Okta release notes and announcements||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Trust incidents and updates||
|Scheduled system updates||Y**||Y**||Y**||Y**||Y**||Y**||Y**||Y**|
* Notifications are sent only to admins authorized to unlock users.
** Off by default.
^ Off by default for orgs created after Sept 5th, 2018.
- User Locked Out emails — These emails are sent out at regular intervals and contain a list of all users who are locked out. The email shows users locked out since the previous email was sent.
Admin email notifications default to off — These email notification types are off by default off for admins in new orgs:
App user import status