This is an Early Access feature. To enable it, contact Okta Support.
Branding is a no-code tool for customizing the Okta interface.
Branding creates a seamless experience for users. Instead of using the default Okta branding, the page where your users sign in looks like your org. Error pages maintain the same theme. After they sign in, users see the End-User Dashboard with your org colors. Even the email messages that you send for account and password maintenance reflect your org's brand.
Your org's theme consists of:
- Primary color: a 3-digit or 6-digit hex code
- Secondary color: a 3-digit or 6-digit hex code
- Logo: a non-square org logo
- Favicon: a square, digital-friendly icon
- Background: a PNG or JPG image for use as a sign-in page background
You can apply your theme to these pieces of the Okta interface:
- Okta-hosted sign-in page. When end users attempt to sign in to your applications, they are redirected to an Okta-hosted sign-in page. Your background image is used here, and your org logo appears above the sign-in fields. Your favicon appears in the browser tab for this page.
- Okta-hosted error pages. If an error occurs while they're signing in, Okta displays a default error page. Your secondary color is used for the background, and your org logo appears above the error message. Your favicon appears in the browser tab for this page.
- End-User Dashboard. After they've signed in, end users can securely access their applications on their Dashboard. Your primary color is used for this navigation menu, and your favicon appears in the browser tab for this page.
- Okta communication. Okta sends email notifications to end users when their passwords are reset or their accounts are activated or unlocked. Your primary color and org logo are used on email templates.
Customizations that you make using the code editors for the sign-in page and error pages will overwrite branding for those pages. For reset instructions, see Before you begin.