The Okta End-User Dashboard
The Okta End-User Dashboard enables end users to access their apps from one location. This is the default user-experience for end users, though some orgs may still have assigned their users to the legacy experience.
In addition to a modern design, the dashboard features the following enhancements:
- More intuitive search to provide more relevant results
- Single-page app experience with customizable Sections which replace Tabs
- Side panel replaces the top navigation
- Responsive experience on mobile screens
- Enhancements to the browser plugin
- Mobile-responsive app catalog for self-service of organization apps and personal apps
- App sorting on the Okta End-User Dashboard
The dashboard doesn't affect the user interface or the settings for the following capabilities:
- Sign-in page customization. For example, sign-in flows, reset password flows, self-service unlock flows.
- User Settings page
- Interstitial loading pages
- User onboarding flow
To access the dashboard, you must first sign in to Okta. In your browser on your computer type your Okta sign-in URL, such as
https://org-name.okta.com, where org-name is the name of your company or organization. Enter your username and password and follow the authentication prompts.
For an enhanced experience, the new dashboard also comes with a Okta Browser Plugin. All existing capabilities of the plugin are available in the redesigned Okta Browser Plugin. Main changes include:
- Tab sidebar moved to the left
- Navigation changed