Manage Okta Verify accounts on Android devices
After setting up Okta Verify on your Android device, you can add or reorder accounts in the app. On the Account details page you can view and configure security methods, rename, or delete accounts.
Okta Verify features are available based on configurations made by your organization.
- Add an account
- Reorder accounts
- Rename an account
- Delete an account
- See account details
- Set up Okta FastPass
- Set the default Okta FastPass account
- Configure biometrics
- Fix account problems
Add an account
If you're a new user, this is how you install and set up the app for the first time: Set up Okta Verify on Android devices.
In Okta Verify, accounts are displayed in the order in which they were added.
- Open Okta Verify on your device.
- Tap Add (+).
- Choose the type of account to add. Tap Organization.
- Organization: Add a multifactor authentication (MFA) account for your work, school, or business that uses Okta as an authentication provider.
- Other: Use Okta Verify to generate one-time passwords for your personal account such as a bank or brokerage account.
- Choose your account setup method.
- To set up your account with a QR code, ensure the code is shown on another device such as a laptop or desktop. Tap Yes, ready to scan, and point your camera at the QR code displayed in the browser on another device.
- If you don’t know how to obtain the QR code, tap Where do I get my QR code?
- If you can’t scan the QR code, tap No, sign in instead.
- Enter your organization’s sign-in URL and tap Next. The sign-in URL is the web address you use in your browser to access your organization’s apps portal. It looks like example.okta.com or atko.biz.
Enter your email address and tap Next. Use the email where you received the setup instructions from your organization’s technology department. If you are setting up an additional account for the same organization, make sure you enter the email address for the new account.
If you already have an Okta Verify account, and you’re now setting up an additional account within the same organization, tap Back to sign in before you confirm your identity with your password or another security method. Otherwise, Okta attempts to use your existing Okta Verify account instead of setting up a new account for the same organization.
Confirm your identity with a password or with another configured security method.
If a message indicates that sign-in verification is not supported by your organization , see Set up Okta Verify on your Android device by using an activation link or secret key.
If prompted, allow push notifications on your device so that you can approve future Okta Verify notifications without opening the app.
- Enable biometrics if prompted.
A message confirms that your account was added.
- Tap Done to complete the account enrollment.
Your new account is now available in Okta Verify.
If you have multiple Okta Verify accounts with Okta FastPass in the same organization, you can select which account is used when you sign in to apps with Okta FastPass. See Set the default Okta FastPass account on Android devices.
- Long press the account that you want to move.
- Drag the account to the location of your choice.
Rename an account
- Open Okta Verify and tap the account you want to rename.
- On the Account details page, go to Manage account and tap Rename account.
- Enter an intuitive name that helps you easily recognize the account and tap .
Delete an account
Account deletion is permanent. After you delete an account in Okta Verify, you might no longer be able to sign in to the apps associated with the deleted account unless you have other security methods set up.
- Open Okta Verify and tap the account you want to delete.
- On the Account details page, go to Manage account and tap Delete account.
- Confirm the account deletion.
- Confirm your identity with biometrics (scan your fingerprint) if prompted.
After successfully confirming your identity, a message confirms that the account was deleted.
If you want to delete the app, see Delete the Okta Verify app from an Android device.