When you add a Slack Admin card to a flow for the first time, you'll be prompted to set up a connection for that channel. You will have to be a member that channel. Setting up a connection will allow you to connect the flow to your Slack Admin account, save the data, and reuse that connection the next time you build a flow with this card.
- You need a Plus or Enterprise Grid plan with Slack to establish connections for the Slack Admin connector.
- On Business+, either Slack Owners or Admins can create new connections. To keep using Slack Admin connector without permission errors, the account used to create the connection must remain as an Owner or Admin.
- On Enterprise Grid, only Org Owners can create new connections. To keep using Slack Admin connector without permission errors, the account used to create the connection must remain as an Owner or Admin.
- When creating a connection for Enterprise Grid, make sure you install Okta OAuth app on the organization, not just a workspace within the organization, or you will get an authorization error.
- With Enterprise Grid connection, the SCIM operations performed by Slack Admin connector cards work across the entire organization, not just individual workspaces. Therefore, make sure you get the identity information (User, Group, etc.) from the Organization Admin page instead of individual workspaces. See Slack API documentation.
- The connection generated can only take action on accounts with the same or fewer permissions. For example, if an Admin account generates a connection, it can only take actions on other Admins or members. It can't take action on Owners.
To create a new connection from an Action card:
Click New Connection.
Add a Connection Nickname. This is useful if you plan to create multiple connections to share with your team.
Select a Slack account. If you are not already signed into a Slack account, you will be prompted to do so.
Click Authorize to grant access to your Slack data. Note that this allows the flow to send messages on your behalf.
You can reuse this connection any time that you use the Slack card in a flow. You can also set up and save multiple connections to share them with your teammates.