About Access Gateway applications
Okta Access Gateway applications represent protected customer web application assets. When defined within Access Gateway we refer to these definitions as Access Gateway applications, or simply applications. Applications definitions are created using the Access Gateway Admin UI console. All application definitions are similar and require a common set of elements. See About application settings for information on common settings.
When working with Access Gatewayapplications you will need:
- Users - A set of users, maintained somewhere, typically within a directory service. Often managed within your Okta tenant itself.
- Okta org- An Okta tenant.
- Access Gateway - An configured instance of Okta Access Gateway.
- Protected resources- One or more resources.
Other, potentially optional, elements such as:
- Firewall - A firewall separating the environment hosting Access Gateway and protected resources.
- Access GatewayHigh Availability Cluster - a group of Access Gatewayinstances working together to provide a robust high performing environment
- Load Balancer - A load balancer to distribute work load across an Access Gateway cluster.
- Directory Service - Some form of directory service as source for user information.
- About Access Gateway applications
- Okta Groups for Access Gateway
- Access Gateway Supported Applications