Learn about Access Gateway applications
Okta Access Gateway applications represent protected customer web application assets. When defined within Access Gateway we refer to these definitions as Access Gateway applications, or simply applications. Applications definitions are created using the Access Gateway AdminAn abbreviation of administrator. This is the individual(s) who have access to the Okta Administrator Dashboard. They control the provisioning and deprovisioning of end users, the assigning of apps, the resetting of passwords, and the overall end user experience. Only administrators have the Administration button on the upper right side of the My Applications page. UI. All application definitions are similar and require a common set of elements. See About application settings for information on common settings.
When working with Access Gatewayapplications you will need:
- Users - A set of users, maintained somewhere, typically within a directory service. Often managed within your Okta tenant itself.
- Okta orgThe Okta container that represents a real-world organization.- An Okta tenant.
- Access Gateway - An configured instance of Okta Access Gateway.
- Protected resources- One or more resources.
Other, potentially optional, elements such as:
- Firewall - A firewall separating the environment hosting Access Gateway and protected resources.
- Access GatewayHigh Availability ClusterA group of computer instances (physical or virtual) within a given infrastructure used together for a single purpose. - a group of Access Gatewayinstances working together to provide a robust high performing environment
- Load Balancer - A load balancer to distribute work load across an Access Gateway cluster.
- Directory Service - Some form of directory service as source for user information.
- About Access Gateway applications
- Okta Groups for Access Gateway
- Access Gateway Supported Applications