Okta Groups for Access Gateway
All Access Gateway applications require one or more groups. These groups are used to grant or deny access to the protected applications resources. Within your Okta Tenant you will need to define one or more groups representing the sections of your application being protected. Where more complex policy is required multiple groups may be required.
- You have administrator rights on your Okta tenant and can assign applications to users, and create groups.
Within your Okta Tenant you will need to define one or more groups representing the sections of your application being protected. See the policy guide for information on defining fine grained application policy. In addition you may define additional attribute field values required by your application but outside those provided by default.
To define groups within your Okta tenant:
- Login to your Okta tenant as administrator.
- Select Directory > Groups.
- Using the Add Group button, create one or more groups.
- Click the name of the newly added group and use the various menu items to add, and otherwise manage group membership.
User and group management is outside the scope of this document. See Users, Groups, and Profiles for details of user and group management.
- For information about the generic header application please see Add a generic header application.
- For information about the sample header application please see Add a sample header application.
- For information on the sample policy application please see Add a sample policy application.
- Add or review application essential settings. For more details see About application essentials and Manage application essentials.
- Add application behaviors. For details and examples of behaviors see About application behaviors.
- Add fine grained policy to further protect resources. An overview of user policy can be found in About application policy.
For details and examples of policy see Manage application policy .
- Extend existing policy using Custom configuration, see Advanced Access Gateway Policy.
- Define one or more certificates for use with this application. See Configure certificates.
- Add supplemental database or LDAP based data stores. For more information see Administer data stores.