Add a generic header application
The purpose of this tutorial is to step through the process of setting up a header application through the Access Gateway Admin Console.
|For more details on the header application reference architecture see Header reference architecture.|
- You have administrator rights on your Okta tenant and can assign applications to users and create groups.
- Appropriate DNS entries for both the header application and the external exposed new URL exist.
Value Description https://ext-header.example.com Legacy application URL.
Referenced by the end user.
https://int-header.example.com Protected Web resource URL.
Referenced by Access Gateway.
|Create a containing group||
|Create header application||
|Add additional attributes||
|Add access policy||
|Test the application||
- Add application behaviors. See About application behaviors.
- Add fine grained policy to further protect resources. See About application policy and Manage access control application policy for an overview on user policy and for examples respectively.
- Extend existing policy using custom configuration. See Advanced Access Gateway policy.