Add Qlik application
This page describes the process of configuring a Qlik application through the Access Gateway Admin UI console console.
- Access Gateway is installed and configured for use.
See Manage Access Gateway deployment.
- Access Gateway has been configured to use your Okta tenant as IDP.
See Configure your Okta tenant as an Identity Provider for more information about configuring your Okta tenant as an IDP.
- You have administrator rights on your Okta tenant and can assign applications to users and create groups.
- The external app version is supported. Supported QLik versions include:
This application is part of a class of applications which exchange user information using header variables. See Add a generic header application for more information about the Access Gateway generic header application.
Access Gateway also provides a sample header application. See Add a sample header application.
To create the Qlik application in Access Gateway:
- Sign in to the Access Gateway Admin UI console.
Click the Applications tab.
Click +Add to add a new application.
Select Qlik from the application menu, and click Create.
To configure the Access Gateway Qlik application.
- In the Essentials pane enter:
Field Value Label The name of the application,
For example: Qlik application
Public Domain The externally facing URL of the application.
For example: https://qlik.<gateway.info>
Protected Web Resource The URL and port combination of the Qlik application being protected.
For example: http://qlik.<internal.info>
Group The group containing users who can access the Qlik application.
- Expand the Certificates tab.
By default a wild card self signed certificate is created and assigned to the application when the application is initially created.
- Optional. Click Generate self-signed certificate
A self-signed certificate is created and automatically assigned to the application.
- Optional. Select an existing certificate from the list of provided certificates.
Use the Search field to narrow the set of certificates by common name.
Use the page forward (>)and backward(<) arrows to navigate through the list of available certificates.
Click Next. The Attributes pane appears.
See Application attributes for more information on the attribute options.
- Confirm the IDP login field.
The Qlik application template sends the login field as the QVUSER header by default. Change the value of the header field if required. You can add any additional header fields required by the application
- Click Done.
While optional, Okta recommends that all applications include certificates.
See About Access Gateway Certificates for general information about certificate.
See Certificate management tasks for a general task flow for obtaining and assigning certificates.
Click Goto application and select SP Initiated or IDP Initiated from the drop-down box associated with the application.
Your Okta tenant administrator may need to assign the application to you.
In addition, if you do not already have an active session for Okta open in your browser, you may be prompted to log in to your Okta account and provide credentials.
- Verify that you are signed in to Qlik application correctly.
- See Access Gateway supported application and version information for details of supported application and version information.
- See Add a generic header application.
- See Add a sample header application.
- See Add a sample policy application.
- See Troubleshoot applications.
- Add or review application essential settings. See About application essentials and Manage application essentials.
- Add application behaviors. See About application behaviors.
- Add fine grained policy to further protect resources. See About application policy and Manage access control application policy for an overview on user policy and for examples respectively.
- Extend existing policy using custom configuration. See Advanced Access Gateway policy.
- Associate a certificate with this application. See Manage certificates.
- Add supplemental database or LDAP based data stores. See Administer data stores.