Add Qlik Application
This page describes process of configuring an Qlik application through the Access Gateway Admin UI console.
- Access Gateway is installed and configured for use.
See Manage Access Gateway deployment.
- Access Gateway has been configured to use your Okta tenant as IDP.
See Configure your Okta tenant as Identity Provider for more information about configuring your Okta tenant as an IDP.
- You have administrator rights on your Okta tenant and can assign applications to users, and create groups.
This application is part of a class of applications which exchange user information using header variables. For more information about the Access Gateway generic header application please see Add a generic header application.
Access Gatewayalso provides a sample header application. Please see Add a sample header application for more information.
To create the Qlik application in Access Gateway:
Navigate to your Access Gateway Instance.
In the Access Gateway Admin UI, sign in as administrator.
Click the Applications tab.
Click + Add to add a new application.
Select Qlik from the application menu, and click Create.
To configure the Access Gateway Qlik application.
- In the Essentials pane enter:
Field Value Label The name of the application,
For example: Qlik application
Public Domain The externally facing URL of the application.
For example: https://qlik.<gateway.info>
Protected Web Resource The URL and port combination of the Qlik application being protected.
For example: http://qlik.<internal.info>
Group The group containing users who can access the Qlik application.
The Attributes pane appears.
For detailed information on the attribute options, see Application attributes .
- Confirm the IDP login field.
By default the Qlic application template send the login field as the QVUSER header.
Change the value of the header field if required.
In addition, you may add any additional header fields required by the application
- Click Done.
Select SP Initiated or IDP Initiated from the drop down menu associated with the application.
Your Okta tenant administrator may need to assign the application to you.
In addition, if you do not already have an active session for Okta open in your browser, you may be prompted to log in to your Okta account and provide credentials.
- Verify that you are logged into Qlik application correctly.
- For information about the generic header application please see Add a generic header application.
- For information about the sample header application please see Add a sample header application.
- For information on the sample policy application please see Add a sample policy application.
- Add or review application essential settings. For more details see About application essentials and Manage application essentials.
- Add application behaviors. For details and examples of behaviors see About application behaviors.
- Add fine grained policy to further protect resources. An overview of user policy can be found in About application policy.
For details and examples of policy see Manage application policy .
- Extend existing policy using Custom configuration, see Advanced Access Gateway Policy.
- Define one or more certificates for use with this application. See Configure certificates.
- Add supplemental database or LDAP based data stores. For more information see Administer data stores.